Monday, August 4, 2008

Post

My post as in Forex Factory

Starting at 12 PM might be a bit to early to look at the charts, unless you set rather a big stop loss. Even so, momentum will pick up at 2, and you might not necessarily be on the right side of the trade.

When I setup only past 4.30 pm, I might miss out some good moves between 2-4 pm, sometimes it might be the only good move of the day. But reversal is quite often here, so I'd rather let the market iron itself out then do the breakout system.

As for me canceling trades at 7.50 pm (have adjusted this to 8.20 pm), this is something I'm still looking on fine-tuning, but so far, I think I'd rather stay out of the market when 8.30 pm approaches. Spikes most likely will happen, so if the trades get triggered by this spike it would be a loss. So I might be missing moves here once again, but there's too much uncertainty here for me to want to be in.

As for the MM, I attached an excel file here to help me stay on track. It shows how much a 50 pip gain would affect the account every week. Considering I compound my gains, with a $3500, in about 2 years, it'll be close to $20,000. That is there is absolutely no deviation from the plan, strict 50 pips per week.

Not really phenomenal but some other systems' standards, but if only I have $30,000 to start with today, in 2 years, if I make only 50 pips each time (sometimes on a bad stretch, it might take 2 weeks to achieve the 50 pips), this 30k turns into $215k.

Now, before anyone jeers at this again, I'm not trying to project my future gains, but merely calculating what the account would become if I were to achieve my target each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment